Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Words to fly by...

             I've never claimed to be an academic, an intellectual, artistically talented, fashion forward,  definitely not mathematically inclined, but I do know I'm genuine and the best authentic me there will ever be. I'm not good at hiding my emotions. I try to focus on being kind over anything, which is my biggest challenge and I fail at this miserably, probably more inwardly than outwardly. I shy away from conflict, but that doesn't do any good because there are people who tend to go out their way to push your buttons when all you want to do is be left alone to do your thing. Reminds me of my niece- when she was 2 or 3, she would say 'You're getting on my last nerb"... Bah ha ha ha  so cute.  Wonder where she learned that? She's now in her early 20's. :D
    I'm a loner, an introvert, a reader, but God knows I'm not "well read" according to the "academics". I have no patience for Shakespeare or Brontë sisters.  I have one dear friend that jokes it's offensive because I've never watched "The Sound of Music".  Meh.. one day perhaps if the mood strikes me.   I often choose a book by it's cover and/ or title!  Although I love to read and learn. I don't think that paid institutional education is the only way to get a "higher education".  I'm a late bloomer in all aspects.. I can read people very well, I try not to judge, definitely not out loud. At the end of the day I try to grant people the grace that I could only hope I would be given. I fail at this miserably. I just don't like people. They are nosy, arrogant, assholes who think they are entitled to tell you how to live your life.  Sometimes I wanna yell-  "Are you judging me because I'm different from you? Or are you lashing out because YOU are different from ME and can't overcome that different is good in your sadly conformist life?"  
      I sometimes get so excited about something, whether it's an art project or a recipe... I often rush the process and end up with less than desirable results... but I won't give up. I just learn from it and keep on going... DO OVER!!!    PLOT TWIST!!!!   
  Bottom line is that life is too fucking short to give a flying fig newton what other people think. In the end- it's YOU that has to account for yourself. YOUR reaction.  (okay- this is for a "friend")  I'm writing this for a "friend". A virtual cheer, if you will...  *wink*
Fuck the people who try to make your genuine reaction to their shitty action the bigger deal. Those people don't like to know we were hurt by their actions, they don't like that "icky guilt" feeling I'm guessing? They just happen to be masters at hiding it by achieving asshole status.  We all know those people, right?  Yeah? Well Fuck them. Don't even get me started on the trolls on the web who hide behind the anonymity of the internet.  They are miserable assholes that probably need more fiber in their diet. Because guess what?  I'm HUMAN And NOT perfect!!!! WHAT?!!!!
    My mantra for the year 2015 is this...  " It is sometimes better to be Kind than right".   I shall strive to do my best, and probably fail miserably on the inside.  This also pairs well with "Do no Harm, Take no shit".    Probably redundant, but appropriate for various things. 
          I definitely believe as far as people in your life- four quarters are mostly sometimes better than a 100 pennies... Unless you are on vacation and like to squish pennies as mementos and do in fact need both 2 quarters and 1 penny. I've been hoarding pre-1985 pennies like a mad woman. I'm weird like that.   I think I do need a vacation.

HIYAH!!!  I shall conquer 2015 and make it my bitch...

No comments:

Post a Comment