Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sleepless just south of Seattle...Meh...

     I do love that movie, "Sleepless in Seattle". I love Tom Hanks (who doesn't?) and of course Meg Ryan and her lovely smile. Such a feel good movie. Warms the heart, wets your eyes a bit. Doesn't change the fact I sit typing this at 2 a.m. in the morning. Why? Well, I am married so I don't need to listen to love lines on the radio. But I do have a husband who snores like a washing machine with a clogged hose,(you know the sound it makes when the water is draining?) upstairs neighbors who like to party hard and party loud on Saturday nights and an impending move that is looming upon me in 2 weeks. Plus I'm on book 3 of "Anne of Green Gables" (which I believe is "Anne of the Island") so my mind is full of heartfelt poetic and flowery words and wondering about my "kindred spirits".  Then, on occasion I have Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen traipsing through my head. That turns into that blasted "What does the Fox Say?" and THEN I go to YouTube and watch the Screaming Goats compilation followed by something called funny animal noises and it's downhill from there, usually ending with a profane parrot that simply squawks 'WTF?" with such fervor it's all I can do to keep from laughing so hard I might have just once nearly wet myself.
     Sooooo... Here I be at 2 a.m. writing all the random $&#@$ that runs through my brain preventing a beloved state of slumber. And no, I do not have ADHD. I am as normal, average, blah blah blah as it gets. I just have a lot on my blessed plate at the moment.  I am quite shy and extremely introverted, most people do not believe that when I say that but it's true. The anonymity of the internet is quite vexing (vocabulary courtesy of Anne). Probably didn't use that in the right context, but I don't care- I need sleep.  But I am a survivor.  I have spent the last 4-5 months in a basement apartment awaiting our house to be completed, and doing this during... wait for it... a Pacific Northwest Winter..   So take a dark and dismal (albeit comfortably plain and adequate) basement apartment and top that with the wettest and darkest part of the year in the Pacific Northwest. Ugh... It has not been kind to my circadian rhythm. Hence the longest streak of insomnia yet.  2 more weeks. 2 more weeks. I am blessed to have such horrid "problems".  But oh how I wish it was 3 weeks from now.  :D So I will drink my tea, it doesn't even matter if it's caffeinated at this point. Last night I drank coffee well after 1 in the morning and was able to finally get to sleep around 3 a.m.
 Here again are some random photos...the more random the better.
My favorite water spot at Dash Point Pier

White Queso Shark found in San Diego
Chihuly Garden of Glass with a view of the Space Needle

                            
Elusive North American Traffic Cone being bred in captivity at the Point Defiance Zoo.

2 comments:

  1. I love Sleepless in Seattle and Tom Hanks too! I don't think there is a movie he made that I didn't like. As for snoring, I'm a culprit too I think. Some nights worse than others. Maybe that's why my husband has a white noise machine - to block me out! LOL! So when are you gonna post something you made....huh?? *wink*

    ReplyDelete